Friday, November 27, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday! Truthfully though we weren't quite sure how it would go. My oldest sister hosted Thanksgiving as she has so many times in the past. Only difference this year was that she cooked the whole meal herself! She usually has it catered or her father - in - law cooks the turkey and ham with the rest of us bringing side dishes and desserts.



The only other time I remember her cooking was about 14 years ago! She really outdid herself and admittedly it was absolutely delicious. I'm really proud of her. Not only that she made it all from scratch...even the fried onions for the green bean casserole!


Jojo and Naynay were the only kids at the kids' table!




It was good to see my sister Monica out and about. She had a complicated surgery a few weeks ago and recovery has been tough. She can only hang out for a few hours at a time and last night she did great even though she was in pain.






I didn't get a group family picture of our little family but we plan on working on the infamous Christmas card picture today or tomorrow. I am extremely thankful for my hard working husband. He has been doing great at his new job. He loves working there but he is swamped and comes home so tired every day. On top of his job it has been a crazy semester for us but he has handled it all so well.


My mom turned 73 this year! We always joke that she will outlive us all!

And my sweet Jojo! He's had a tough year too. He's been working so hard this year after formally being diagnosed with dyslexia. He's been a trooper and has gone along with all the different programs and therapies we are doing!

No comments: