Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fun Weekend


 I can't believe I haven't been here for so long! The latter part of January and all of February our Jojo was so sick. He was dealing with some awful asthma that progressed so quickly that he ended up on a nebulizer machine.......no fun! Then Nathan got sick and ended up with an ear infection.....like always! Then in March, daddy got sick. So, we have been hanging around home a lot!

Well last weekend we headed to our friends out in Lancaster (about 1 hour away from us). We got to hang out with one of my closest friends and her family. I've known Andie for a real long time.....since she was about 11. Even though I am 8 years older than her, she is a mature young lady and I have learned a lot from her!!! We get to stay with Andie's parents in their spacious home. Her parents are also dear friends of ours. They are a huge encouragement to our lives!!!


Here's Andie on her 18th birthday party!




Andie has 4 girls and my boys love hanging out with them. The week before the weekend they kept asking.......when are we going to see "the girls" EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.


I love watching them grow up together.




Here's her youngest.....such a cutie pie. Jojo LOVES her.




Movie night.......we got our fill of Frozen......I have been singing Frozen songs all week!



We also went bowling. It was the girls first time.


Nathan is my competitive one and wasn't too happy with his scores.

When we would return from Russia during the summer time visiting these friends was  always a priority. Having to say good-bye was always so hard and sad.........but thankfully we can now see each other more often and not have that sinking feeling that it will be another year before seeing them again.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better. It's a miracle that we recover from ANYTHING, something that I came to realize on my walk with the Lord is that He heals all diseases. Even the "common cold" could kill us if the Lord didn't heal it. We experience such common miracles every day, I know that I often take them for granted. <3